Version

I'm new here, but hopeful that this just won't stagger. Just wondering what version you will be focused on? Pre or Post Launch?

I'm discussing with my subconscious mind as to who had an idea first.
Me or me. Am I going crazy?

Welcome 🙂

We are focusing on post launch as those are the versions that we have the most data for currently (packet captures) and those builds have the most content.
We should be able to re-implement older cut content back into the newer version easier than we would be able to back-port new content into an older version.

That is not to say that the implemented game play will match those versions, realistically we are a fair bit off from having to worry about the game play style or implementing those mechanics server side so when we get to that stage we can start a discussion here and weigh up all the pros and cons of of the different versions. (It would probably end up being a healthy mix of multiple versions).

"but hopeful that this just won't stagger."
To address that, apologies for what must look like little progress atm, personally I got tied up with some life stuff as have others on the team.
I'm personally hoping to get some time back soon and dive back in.

It is hard to show visually atm but we have made quite abit of progress on multiple fronts, just need some more in other key areas before we can start tying it all together and hopefully then things will pick up speed.

I'm sad I didn't save my data from before. Used to have everything saved from each patch. Full client files, file changes, item info, world info, creature and NPC info and ofc the high-res file of assets. 🙂

Removed all that after a year of not playing.

@sleepwalker said in Version:

I'm sad I didn't save my data from before. Used to have everything saved from each patch. Full client files, file changes, item info, world info, creature and NPC info and ofc the high-res file of assets. 🙂

Removed all that after a year of not playing.

Well, it is time to the famous file recovery solutions than, am I right? 🙂

Also, for the Melding team: suggesting the 2013 open beta version with horizontal progression. Would be the best.

@Bane it was over 3 years ago and over a TB of data. Even if I wanted, I can't recover that. 😛

Looks like your connection to The Melding Wars was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.